Re: rm -r * and the default prompt

Hi,
[This may well be orthogonal, or in addition to, the solutions discussed]

	Maybe we could offer some example of tips and tricks? My
 preffered prompt mechanism sets the xterm title to (like right now)
         srivasta@tiamat:~/var/tmp
 with a short prompt of '__> ', or the above becomes my prompt on a
 non-xterm.

	I limit the size of the dir string to 25 characters (a
 perl script run by my cd alias that chops leading dir components
 untill there is just one left, or the length requirement is
 satisfied).

	Some people seem to like this sort of a thing, and this maybe
 hard for a neophyte to set up. I'm sure that this forum can come up
 with scads of such ``real men'' examples (sorry, sue and susan)

	manoj
--
 "The Avis WIZARD decides if you get to drive a car. Your head won't
 touch the pillow of a Sheraton unless their computer says it's okay."