Re: crons scripts should report status info in the mail

Karl M. Hegbloom:
> Since the output from cron jobs is mailed anyhow, as it should be, I
> think that all cron scripts should report in as they are run, and that
> this should be made a standard.  Here's why.

I think what we need is a more intelligent run-parts, for use with the cron
jobs, that examines the output of each script it runs, and if there is any
output, prefaces it with the name of the script. So if a cron script fails
with an error message, you will be able to tell which script it was.

--
See shy Jo.