Libraries compiled with libc6

 If got it right, ldso can remember if a library is intended for libc5 or
libc6.. right? So it must be possible to have the same soname,version of a
library compiled for bith libc5 and libc6 (in different directories). Am I
right? If I were... what would the policy be for packaging the libraries?
Shouldn't we decide a common suffix like `-l5compat' or simply `-compat'?

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-
nick@feedback.com.ar