Libraries compiled with libc6
- To: Debian Developers <email@example.com>
- Subject: Libraries compiled with libc6
- From: Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@Feedback.com.ar>
- Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 18:37:44 -0300 (ART)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.970518183205.1108B-100000@localhost>
If got it right, ldso can remember if a library is intended for libc5 or
libc6.. right? So it must be possible to have the same soname,version of a
library compiled for bith libc5 and libc6 (in different directories). Am I
right? If I were... what would the policy be for packaging the libraries?
Shouldn't we decide a common suffix like `-l5compat' or simply `-compat'?
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .