Bugs in shadow-970502-2

The latest release (shadow-970502-2) has a bug in libmisc/mail.c
that causes login to segfault when checking for new mail.  Yes,
I have tested this version before releasing it (really!), but
unfortunately I had MAIL_CHECK_ENAB disabled (by mistake) on my
machine and the bug didn't show up.

Workaround: edit /etc/login.defs and set MAIL_CHECK_ENAB to "no".

Fix: apply this small pseudo-patch to libmisc/mail.c -

-	if (!(maildir = getenv("MAILDIR"))) {
+	if ((maildir = getenv("MAILDIR"))) {

This really stupid bug was introduced by me when I added Qmail
support - that's what I get for late night (== early morning)
hacking :).

serek.arch.pwr.wroc.pl has no files, and my account on that machine
doesn't exist anymore.  I don't yet know what happened.  But
ftp.ists.pwr.wroc.pl is back, and shadow-970502-2 is there -
ftp://ftp.ists.pwr.wroc.pl/pub/linux/shadow/beta/shadow_970502-2.tar.gz
(still with the bug).

Unfortunately, it will be a few more days before I can release
the new, fixed version.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Marek