Re: Problems adding swap files

Pete Templin <templin@bucknell.edu> writes:

> As my system is currently laid out, I'm not suffering from any shortage of
> swap _space_ (240MB allocated, max seen in use is 33MB), I'm merely trying
> to sneak out the best possible performance without spending a buck.

In the end I imagine you'll be much happier if you scrounge for more
RAM, but you probably already knew that...

> I think I'm just having trouble using a swapfile on a md array, as opposed
> to a pathname problem.  Any ideas would, of course, be gladly accepted.

I'm not sure I understand your problem, but I'll be happy to help if I
can.  We have machines here using /dev/md0 as swap.  Is that roughly
what you are trying to accomplish?

Here's the mdtab.

# mdtab entry for /dev/md0
/dev/md0  raid0,4k,0  /dev/hda2 /dev/hdb2
# mdtab entry for /dev/md1
/dev/md1  raid0,4k,0  /dev/hda3 /dev/hdb3
# mdtab entry for /dev/md2
/dev/md2  raid0,4k,0  /dev/hda4 /dev/hdb4

Thanks
--
Rob