Debian-stable?

I'm a bit confused after browsing about an hour ftp.debian.org. I would like
to ftp latest stable Debian release, but almost all directories contain
symbolic links to another tree - so I couldn't figure out which tree I
should get.

If I get stable.tar from mirror site at ftp.funet.fi I get bunch of broken
links. I could ftp whole directory tree, but I assume most of stuff will be
waste of bandwidth for me - all I would like to get is binary release for
Intel 386 compatibles.

Thanks for your time.

--
Sami Laine