Re: Does PGP build on big-endian systems?

> As far as I can tell, <endian.h> should define __BYTE_ORDER
> based on the target architecture (it is defined conditionally

But then you end up with an executable that only runs on the target
architecture... so you can't run it at all...

This is the standard problem with existing autoconf tests to do this
(which is why AC_RUN_TEST is avoided when possible.)  I'll point out
that you can run "strings | grep" on the executable you produced to
get the answer, without actually having to run it... whether you want
to *use* that information is another story :-)