Re: ae's vi attempt on boot disks stomps on real vi symlink

    >> We must provide a setup that a beginner can install and begin
    >> learning from.

    Craig> Yes, but we must also provide a system that isn't going to
    Craig> make experienced unix people turn away in disgust.

I think that an experienced unix person will fully understand the
newbie's predicament, and that it's a given to them that `Emacs` and
`vi` will be available.  They will quickly see that when `dselect` is
run during the install process.

    Craig> There is a big difference between accomodating newbies and
    Craig> crippling the system in order to cater to them.

I don't think `ae` is crippling anything.  It is enabling.  We all
have to start someplace, you know.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg