ae's vi attempt on boot disks stomps on real vi symlink

Been doing some testing over the weekend and noticed that the vi replacement
on the 1997-04-04 disks stays around after an install.  Clearly the fact that
it is a file, stops the alternatives code from installing a symbolic link to
one's favourite vi.

IMHO we were better of without this.  I'd rather have a script saying:

  vi doesn't fit on the boot disks, you'll have to put up with "ae"
  for the install.

The emulation is not close enough to real vi to make it worthwhile.

Cheers, Phil.