inetd.conf trashed

Upgraded to all the new packages in bo from a bo installation of a few
weeks ago...something trashed my inetd.conf file.... Now it reads only

cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/cvs    cvs -b
#rquotad/1      dgram   rpc/udp wait    root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
finger          stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd

I assume it was one of the packages I upgraded.  Shouldn't there be some
policy of packes backing up all configuration files before changing them?
(I can't find any backups...)  Maybe we should even honor the
VERSION_CONTROL scheme so people could keep one backup or numbered
backups...Now that would be neat.

Thoughts as to what caused this?  How to fix it?  Or a config file backup
policy?  (Please correct me if there is one...)

VA Research Linux Workstations
Engineered like no other
Sam Ockman - (415)934-3666, ext. 133