Making netpbm free

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Santiago Vila Doncel:
> Take the free parts of netpbm and create a new package called "freepbm"
> from them.

Does anyone have any indication of what would need to be removed?
I know netpbm can produce GIFs, so *togif would at least be zapped,
but is there anything else?

(I know very little about graphics, but I'm always interested in
reducing the number of non-free packages on my system. I imagine
this would take fairly little work.)