Re: Bug#9252: ncsa: ncsa in bo uses ldso from unstable
On Apr 30, Christoph Lameter wrote
> Why is the new ld.so not in frozen? Other people will build binaries with
> the new ld.so (even if we dont) and it will not run on Debian 1.3!
> Is there any reason ld.so 1.9.X is not in frozen? It is backward
> compatible as far as I can tell.
1. ld.so-1.9.x was released after the code freeze for bo.
2. ld.so-1.9.x adds no new functionality needed in bo.
3. ld.so-1.9.x actually removes functionality (a.out dynamic loader)
that is probably still desirable in bo.
4. libc5 binaries compiled with ld.so-1.9.x are completely compatible
> On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Christian Meder wrote:
> >After upgrading to 1.4.2-5 ncsa doesn't start anymore. I suppose the
> >reason is that according to buildinfo it was build with ldso-1.9.2-1
I doubt that ld.so-1.9.2-1 has anything to do with the problem.
David Engel ODS Networks
email@example.com 1001 E. Arapaho Road
(972) 234-6400 Richardson, TX 75081
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .