Re: uploaded gv 3.4.3-1 (source i386) to master

Raul Miller:
> On Apr 30, Joey Hess wrote
> > Joost: maybe we should add some smarts to {nextaw,xaw3d,xaw95}.postinst to
> > it doesn't add the line if the line doesn't exist and the package is being
> > upgraded? Is it possible to tell in a postinst if you are upgrading? I've
> > never tried.
>
> Too much smarts is bad.  Documenting the current solution
> (moving line to bottom -- actually, after other aw set) seems better.

After a few minutes thought, you're probably right in this case. Someone
might be upgarding/reinstalling xaw3d because they have trashed
/etc/ld.so.conf, and then they would want the line added if it doesn't
exist. So the current behavior (which is already documented in the
README.debian files of nextaw and xaw3d) is correct.

--
See shy Jo.