Re: glibc

David Engel <david@sw.ods.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken, the dpkg-dev tools don't allow
> some packages to use epochs and others to not if they are built from
> the same source.

It's possible and no different from producing binaries with different
versions from the same source package.  I do that with bash and
libreadline*.

Use the -v option to dpkg-gencontrol and calculate the version in the
rules file by prepending an epoch to the actual version.

binary-timezone:
	version=$(shell dpkg-parsechangelog | awk '/^Version/ {print $2}')
	dpkg-gencontrol "-v1:$version" ...

Guy