Re: IMPORTANT: Unstable fixes not in frozen

What about packages that are broken for use in bo and are superseded
by a package in hamm? The new packages may have bugs but are more
likely to get fixed than the old ones, because the old ones are no
longer maintained at all.
An example is the xemacs package. The hamm version (xemacs19) is much
better for use with Debian 1.3, the old xemacs package has a lot of
bugs and won't get fixed.
On the other hand xemacs19-19.15 has at least one serious bug
(movemail) that would need to get fixed before it can be used at all.
I think we should have xemacs 19.15 in bo.

        Helmut

--
Helmut Geyer                                Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
public PGP key available :           finger geyer@saturn.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de