State of HAM-RADIO packages

Hi y'all,

I'm using DEBIAN now for over a year and I am a happy user. One thing
kind of bothers me though: the state of the ham-radio software in the
debian distribution. The reason I sunscribed to this list is I would
like to get something going. There is A LOT of ham-radio software,
going from sattelite tracking, through logging and packet-radio
programs. None of them are in the debian distribution, on one of the
ftp mirrors you can only find a very-old-and-no-longer-uptodate ax25
utilities package and some minor utilities.

Who would like to get this work going ?
Who is already working on these hard-needed packages ?
Who would like to give his comments?
Who's got ideas, a wishlist, anything ?

                Joop Stakenborg
           Department of Hyperthermia
        Dr. Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center
 P.O.Box 5201, 3008 AE Rotterdam, the Netherlands
     tel: +31104391676       fax:+31104851559
          e-mail: stakenborg@hyph.azr.nl