xrdb bug?

Bruce Perens writes:
 > Thanks for the help on our Emacs problem.
 >
 > A Pixar user gets this complaint from "xrdb", but the same command runs
 > correctly if he executes it "by hand". By the way, we have two people
 > (besides me) in the studio tools department who run Debian at home on
 > company-provided hardware and really like it.

Take a look at that:

$ xrdb .Xdefaults
xrdb: cannot run '/lib/cpp -traditional -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_B
[lots of -D's]
$ xrdb -cpp /lib/cpp .Xdefaults
$ xrdb .Xdefaults
$

... that is, once you forced it to run with /lib/cpp, it can do it
again without you specifying it !?
Note that it sometimes becomes bas again later...

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson

e-mail: dirson@univ-mlv.fr