Re: bootable CDs

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> Helmut Geyer patched debian-cd to produce El Torito format directly-bootable
> CDs. debian-cd_0.1.2 is in Incoming.
>
> I'd be interested in hearing what settings you have to give popular SCSI
> controllers to make them boot directly from a CD. Also, is there any IDE
> CD that boots?

My MB has a bootable IDE CDROM option. It's an AMI bios with the built in
Trition 430HX's IDE controller.

I have never had a bootable cdrom before, but the option is in the boot
order section, A:, C:, CDROM.

I know new Adaptec SCSI cards have an option in their bios's to allow SCSI
CDROM boot's, I forget if my other machine with the AHA supports it
though.

I also saw a Compaq with a built in SCSI controller boot from a CD-ROM
some time ago.

I think it's really great to have bootable CD's fro debian, makes it alot
easier to install, or even just to try linux.

Jason