Re: Removing Packages from Hamm (was: Can we upload binaries using libc6 to hamm yet?)

Brian White wrote:

>I wonder if it's worth removing _everything_ from binary-(arch) within hamm
>until it gets re-uploaded again.  We'd then disallow all packages that
>depend on libc5.

Rather than depending on everybody installing libc6 early on, it would
be good if some kind soul would compile packages installed only as
source, then install the binary (much as it's done for the 68k packages,
for example).

I'd be perfectly happy to upload only source to hamm for the time being.
--
Thomas Koenig, Thomas.Koenig@ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de, ig25@dkauni2.bitnet.
The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double