Re: Afterstep?

> Is our Afterstep maintainer still active?
>
> 	Thanks
>
> 	Bruce

I'm using the last Debian afterstep package from unstable. When 1.0pre6
was released, I contacted the Debian afterstep maintainer about it and
in two days he uploaded the new release. As this happened after Bo had
been frozen, it went just to unstable (he intended to have it in frozen
as well because the changes file indicated frozen and unstable).

Ramos.

> > I just installed Afterstep, and I love it.  Kudos to the authors!  My
> > only complaint goes out to whoever is managing the Debian package.
> > The package available on ftp.us.debian.org is very outdated, and
> > doesn't work well at all.  I would be willing to take over package
> > maintenence duties, but I have yet to learn the package development
> > tools.  Would other Debian users find it helpful if I did this?  Would
> > the people currently working on the Afterstep package be cool with it?
> >
> > Noah
> >
> >   PGP Public Key available at
> >   http://lynx.dac.neu.edu/home/httpd/n/nmeyerha/mail.html or by `finger
> >   -l frodo@ccs.neu.edu`
> >

> --
> Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502
> Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.
> PGP fingerprint = 88 6A 15 D0 65 D4 A3 A6  1F 89 6A 76 95 24 87 B3
>

> --

Jose' RAMOS Goncalves <J.R.Goncalves@reading.ac.uk>
Department of Physics * http://www.rdg.ac.uk/Physics
University of Reading, Reading, England, U.K.
Debian GNU/Linux 1.3 * http://www.debian.org