Re: creating `units' package

Carey Evans <c.evans@clear.net.nz> writes:

>  - First of all, has anyone put units into Debian since the 1.2.5
>    distribution's Packages file that I'm using as a reference?  I
>    haven't seen it, but just in case I missed it...

I have. I packaged it after the release of rex, so it is not in any
rex-fixed.  It is in bo and hamm.

>From hamm's binary-i386/Packages file :-

Package: units
Version: 1.53-1
Section: utils
Maintainer: James Troup <jjtroup@comp.brad.ac.uk>

>  - The GPL in /usr/doc/copyright/GPL.gz, and in COPYING with the
>    program, says:

[ ... ]

The latter, judging by <URL:http://www.gnu.org/>.

>  - I don't really know which section and priority units should go
>    in.  I guess it's doing maths so it could go there.  Because it's
>    quite small and is a standard part of some Unixes, I would like
>    to put it in standard.  Your comments would be appreciated.

As you can see from above it's in utils and is optional, if people
think it deserves a higher priority, I'll be happy to change it.  I
think it's general enough not to go in maths, but again I'll change it
if people disagree.

--
James
++ http://thor.lib.chalmers.se/~jamest/ ++