Re: DEITY TEAM -- REQUEST FOR FUNCTIONALITY and COMMENTS
Nicolás Lichtmaier writes:
> * More hierarchical
> Users should never be faced to lists of more than 15/20 items. We
> need a header like `Section: devel/compilers'. With this kind of hierarchy
> we can even have less sections... maybe..
I once suggested that to dpkg maintainer, but got no response :-(
I was going further in this direction, by proposing throwing away
contrib and non-free as sections, and by using a "Policy:" field
Plus (adapted from same mail):
- section folding
- look at changes from installed to available version
- look at installation date, installed-date and available-date
- look at (conf)file-list
- be told when there are multiple available versions (eg. stable,
frozen and unstable); allow user to choose beween them (based on Changes...)
- Lacks "Newly updated" availability type, similar to "New packages"
- Tell when a package is no longer available
- search for a string in a section/avail/etc. name, instead of only in
- Get the source package, maybe unpack it
Some of these will probably require changes to more stuff than just
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .