Re: dpkg must never be in C++---Bruce, please rule on this.

On 14 Apr 1997, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> Roman Hodek <rnhodek@faui22c.informatik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:
> > The *very* first port of Linux was Linux/68k, started at times where
> > Linus himself didn't even dream of Linux being portable to a non-Intel
> > system :-)
>
> Oh.  Interesting.  I hadn't know that.

Yes, those were wild times. Ralf Baechle, one of the first people
working on Linux/68k and now the lead developer of Linux/MIPS, and
I brought the Linux and Linux-68k news groups in the German MausNet
and FidoNet to live. In the beginning one found almost all
Linux/68k developers in those groups.

> Obviously, then, the AXP port would be the first that Linus himself
> participated in.

Exactly.

Mike

Michael Neuffer                   i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net                14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
                                  Beaverton, OR 97005