Re: "dselect" replacement team

On 14 Apr 1997, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> Then why do I keep hearing stuff about rewriting dpkg?

Whenever you start a new project it's a good idea to think about what
everyone wants and what everone would do with what you create in a few
months. You then extrapolate and pull out the old imagination and dream.
Eventually you come up with some possible locations your code will be in 4
months, a year, whatever. When you work in a group you discuss those ideas
with the group and listen to what they have to say looking for more
detailed insight.

So with respect to what has happened here we were discussing to
possibility of creating a dpkg-lib based on the code that Deity will
require in the first place. Brian has stated he would like to see a
library come out of this in the future and I support that notion.

Basically, if someone comes up to us and says 'can you make a dpkg lib?'
we will say 'Yep, we are ready'.

If someone does is still an open question.

Jason