Re: [linux-security] amd 920824upl102 ignores the nodev option (fwd)

Quoting Kai Henningsen (kai@khms.westfalen.de):
> rnhodek@faui22c.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Roman Hodek)  wrote on 09.04.97 in <9704090857.AA13625@faui21.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>:
> > > This is originally from the linux-security mailing list. But just in
> > > case the responsible person missed it.
> >
> > I new version of amd will go to master ASAP (today, I'm compiling
> > ATM). I think it's ok to move this amd_upl102-10 into frozen, because
> > the hole is big and the fix is easy...
> By the bye, I understand 2.1.30 or something around there just got a
> kernel variant of not-quite-amd that Linus claims is already more stable
> than amd ...

It's in the Kernel Changes Documentation... Called kernel automoutn or so.

Well, and it IS more stable than amd since amd was ... well ... terrible?

Das Fleisch ist willig, doch der Koch ist zu schwach.
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka efraim - +49-(0)89-64289385
Gruenwalder Strasse 70 - D-81547 Muenchen - Germany - Europe