Re: dpkg-{shlibdeps,gencontrol} multi-binary improvements

Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>  -p<package> -Pdebian/tmp.<package>

Please make the translation -Pdebian/tmp/<package>.

I ask for this because in packages where you must mv or cp files once
you've done `make install prefix=$(tmpdir)` (and packages wherein you
must do these sorts of things are usually hairy enough), the mv or cp
will fail on the second invocation of `debian/rules binary`.

To be able to do `rm -rf debian/tmp` without having to worry that
debian/tmp.* expands into something that is actually important would
be a convenience to the maintainer who is testing modifications ot
said package.

Other than that, it's a wonderful proposal.  I bet you're not even
suprised to hear me say that.

Mike.