Re: Changes to menu package

Joost wrote:

> Obviously, it's not the menu package's job to actually generate
> the http page, and thus the script has been improved by the dwww
> maintainer, and included in that package.

When we get more menu entries in there, I would like to be able to
split the list into a heirarchial multi-page index, much like how
Yahoo is organized.  I think the best way to do that would be to
build hooks into the menu package so that it could call a routine
in dwww that might throw the link into a relational database of
some form.  Then the web pages could be created from that.

Of course, this can wait -- since the menu package provides the
interface for adding links (and even some customization and
internationalization support).  The menu package is really
cool.

What needs to be done now is to come up with a nice recommended
heirarchy where people can add their links in.  We'll probably
be discussing this on debian-doc.

> And I can tell you, this stuff looks _nice_. Jim Pick has done
> an excellent job. All we need now is more packages registering their
> html docs with as "menuentries".

Thanks.  The menu package made it easy.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim