Re: need decision on packages with crypto hooks

I think the best thing to do is ask the EFF for legal advice.

Guy

From: Pete Harlan <harlan@mymenus.com>
Subject: Re: PPPproblem
To: debian-user@debian.org
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:05:28 -0600 (CST)

> > say the line is not 8 bit clear and that bit 7 is 0.  What does this

> This often happens when you don't get past the "chat" with the other
> modem to log in. When you try to connect to a host which prints out

Just to underscore a common case: if your username and/or password
aren't right, you get the message about the line not being 8-bit
clean.  I'd wish at least that the ppp docs would make this clear; one
can spend a long time messing with tty settings when all that's wrong
is a bad password.

--
Pete Harlan
pete@mymenus.com