Re: FREEZE!

aj@dungeon.inka.de (Andreas Jellinghaus) writes:

> Guy wrote :
> [...]
> > Distribution non-free                   ->  hamm/non-free
> > Distribution unstable, Section non-free ->  hamm/non-free (alias of above)
> > Distribution contrib                    ->  hamm/contrib/
> > Distribution unstable, Section contrib  ->  hamm/contrib/ (alias of above)
> > Distribution unstable, Section *        ->  hamm/
>
> a) we don't have a valid Distribution ("non-free" and "contrib" don't
> say if a program belongs to unstable or stable), or

The stability of a program is not an inherent quality of a package.
Only its distribution and section are.  Users are free to mix packages
from stable and unstable for example.

non-free and contrib are distributions.  Under dselect, they are seen
as a section.

> b) we don't have a valid Section ("non-free" or "contrib" is not a good
> section IMO).

The section for non-free will get a second component.  For example,
abuse will be contrib/games.  That wasn't unclear perhaps.

Guy