Re: package building info for newbies?

Joey Hess <joey@kite.ml.org> wrote:
|I occasionally need to direct dpkg newbies to some basic information about
|how to build and install debian packages. The policy and programmer's
|manuals are a little too hefty. Is there a shorter explination somwhere I
|can direct them to?

There is a slow-paced discussion of this issue (Debian packaging
newbies) going on on the debian-talk mailing list.  As it is now,
someone with experience posted some more specific guidlines and we
just hope to help each other through this.  Maybe if some people with
experience could monitor and answer question on debian-talk then it
would help newbies.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL             amos@dsi.co.il |                     -- Anonymous