Re: base-files does not create /usr/local directories

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	Yikes!. This contradicts the next paragraph

Why?  I'm not removing /usr/local/lib.  4.8 lists bin, doc, etc,
games, lib, info, man, sbin, and src.

>  wouldn't upgrading complain if I had installed local stuff (error:
>  directory not empty)?

Yes, but the postinst would still succeeed as I have `|| true'.
Sending errors to /dev/null is fine though.

> 	Or variants thereof, to ignore errors, and change the
>  paragraph below, to allow removing empty directories.

No, I think all the directories in 4.8 should always exist as an aid
to local administration.  Furthermore, I think /usr/local/man/man[1-9]
should also exist.

Guy