Re: Decision on leaving upstream tar files untouched?

> I'm very sceptical that this the right time for this change. I don't see
> that the benefits would compare to the effort need to change all our
> packages.

You are assuming that I want an accellerated schedule for converting source
packages. I don't see that this is necessary. I think the policy manual and
the tools should be changed ASAP after the 1.3 release, and the source
packages should be converted when the maintainer has a need to upload them.

If we change dpkg-source correctly, it will convert the source package as the
source package is built, given that it finds the original source archive.
This should be close to transparent to the maintainer.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502