Re: Is m68k stable?

Hi,
Guy Maor wrote:

> Chris Lawrence <quango@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>
> > It isn't my call to make, but last I checked we hadn't met Frank Neumann's
> > criteria for a proper release
>
> I will assume that m68k is NOT ready for a stable release unless I
> hear otherwise in the next 12 hours.

I don't think I should be the only one to decide about stability or not,
but there are still a few things to be done for the m68k port which
will prevent new users from installing it _easily_, so I think it's
really not yet ready for a stable release (IMHO most of the packages
ARE pretty stable - there are just some missing bits and pieces).

Frank (yes, the 12 hour ultimatum had already passed.. :-)