Re: Where's the "mfdcfnt" package?

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:
> No, mfdcfnt is no problem anymore: The EC fonts just got released and
> replace the DC fonts. I was told that EC fonts are "free" (in Debian
> sense) while DC had some restrictions. tetex comes with the new EC fonts,
> so this should be no problem.

Package tetex-extra (version 0.4pl6-3) still includes a copy of the DC
fonts, that gets installed under
/usr/lib/texmf/fonts/source/jknappen/dc/.  Although you are right in
that DC fonts are basically obsolete now, they continue to be needed,
at least for some old DVI files to work correctly.  I guess they'll
have to be moved to non-free, for they still have a copyright note that
prevents them from being distributed commercially.

Regards,

M. S.

Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co