spam filter

I currently have the spam filter removed, and we just got our first
spam (the LARRY ELLISION message) on debian-user. I could put the
filter back, but I don't really want it to work the way it did before,
because users had a difficult time dealing with it. I'd suggest that
everyone who is not on the subscriber list and has not already been
added to the "approved" list have their messages forwarded to a
moderator for approval. Approving a message would add the poster to the
"approved" list for future postings.

We could put the moderator mailbox on a POP server so that a number of
people could moderate in shifts.

Most posters, even new subscribers, would have their messages go through
to the list immediately. People who post through the news gateway for the
first time and people who post from a new address for the first time might
have to wait.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--