Re: qmail license

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> >>"Guy" == Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu> writes:
>

> Guy> So far, I'm going to make it
>
> Guy> 1) allow directories besides debian/ in diffs.  It will make the
> Guy> directories itself as some ancient patch versions can't.
>
> Guy> 2) allow the upstream source to unpack into any unique directory
> Guy> name. It will rename it to packagename-version.orig.
>
> Guy> 3) refuse to build things that it will later refuse to unpack.
>
> Guy> Anything else important?
>
> 	Does anything need to change to allow the working directory to
>  be called package-versions.debian?

The filenames in the diff would also have to be mangled.  I'll
investigate if this is easy (and portable) to do.  If so, I'll support
it.

As to the algorithm of 2, I'll just unpack into a temp directory and
then move it.  dpkg-source currently does it like that actually.

This new dpkg-source will allow you to use the actual upstream tar.gz
as your orig.tar.gz.  We'll have to rename it naturally, but the
md5sum will be the same, which is very nice.

Guy