Re: GNU libc

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, David Engel wrote:

> > In any case, it seems that the timezone package could be obsoleted by the new
> > timezones one which comes with glibc. Both use exactly the same upstream
> > source, so it makes not much sense to keep both (out of sync...)
> >
> > I think David Engel and I should agree on which package to keep.

> It probably doesn't make a big difference either way.  There is a
> slight benefit to using the version provided by glibc in that there is
> one less upstream source to track.

	I think keeping the glibc version would be better, since it also
reduce the number of source packages in the distribution; and since we
have to deal with the source package of glibc, let's use it to generate
one more binary package...

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -