libc5-5.4.20 and _ctype

Hi,

Don't know if this is a bug on my part or a package bug:

#include <ctype.h> gave me some strange results. I looked in the file,
and at the start it said: #include_next <ctype.h>

I don't know about this preprocessor-directive, and apparantly so doesn't
cpp. I changed this into:

#include <linux/ctype.h>

This *seemed* to work, but on linking I get errors saying that _ctype and
_ctmp are undefined.

In <linux/ctype.h> these are declared as:

extern unsigned char _ctype[];
extern char _ctmp;

Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong? This is really annoying, I just can't
get programs to compile anymore!

Maarten

|     Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL    |
|        M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl   boekhold@gopher.library.tudelft.nl      |