Re: Qmail license

In your email to me, Bruce Perens, you wrote:

> This is the license that D.J Bernstein is using on Qmail:
>
> > You may distribute copies of qmail-1.00.tar.gz, with MD5 checksum
> > d3033be700fd6f59ac0548c832652dd3.
> >
> > Vendors: I'd be interested in hearing about any CDs that include the
> > package, but you don't have to check with me if you don't want to.
> >
> > If you want to distribute modified versions of qmail (e.g., different
> > packaging formats, porting changes, precompiled binaries) you'll have
> > to get my approval. Note that this means approval of the version, not
> > approval of your distribution method.
>
> I've been led to believe for over a year that Qmail would be free
> software. I was deceived.

Was that ever clear? I didn't think so.. anyway, are there any other
MTAs we should look at? We have sendmail (aka bug of the week), smail,
and exim. exim sounds good for delivering blocks of email to a single
site (maybe a mail hub) over 1 connection.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
   "It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."