Re: Possible framework for `debmake replacement'

Hi,
>>"David" == David Engel <david@sw.ods.com> writes:

David> Pretty close.  IMO, it should be *possible* to combining all
David> the various (usually little) files into a single one.  For
David> exmaple, if I only need a 5-line postinst script, I might put
David> something like the following into the .spec-like file:

Postinst>
in-line-contents-of-postinst-script>

David> However, if I need to do something complicated that needs a
David> 200-line postinst script, I might put something like the
David> following into the .spec-like file:

Postinst-File> <path-to-actual-postinst-script-file>

	I looked at the postinst files on my machine:
 minimum line 2
 maximum line: 514 (!)
 mean:         29.7091503268
 Standard deviation: 65.8849746392

>> What I think he's talking about, though, is not having to fill your
debian> rules with cp's and mv's and ln's and so forth, but instead
>> being able to operate at a "high level" when it comes to specifying
>> these things.

David> Yes, yes, yes!

	fine. How about, say, 1-10 include directives, and nary a cp
 mv or ln?

	How did I get involved in an implementation discussion in a
 requirements phase?

	manoj
--
 "Help Mr. Wizard!" Tennessee Tuxedo