man dirs owner.group and permissions

 I have changed the owner.group and permissions of my man page
directories to: drwxrwsr-x root.staff  so that when I build a glimpse
index for TkMan, as a user in group staff, it will have write access
there, and anything created there will be group 'staff'.

 It is very useful to have things set up this way; that is the reason
for group permissions and the SGID bit on directories.  Am I wrong?

 Could/should this be made part of our standard, Debian-wide?

Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg
Debian GNU 1.2  Linux 2.0.28