Re: on de-supporting deb-make

Hi,
>>"Vincent" == Vincent Renardias <vincent@waw.com> writes:

Vincent> * The best way the package a software, is to change its
Vincent> source to use autoconf (IMHO).

Vincent> Yes, I know this is potentially a lot of work. (No, I'm not
Vincent> saying we should convert everything to use autoconf, but as
Vincent> far as I've seen it looks like the best solution)

	While we are bruiting opinions, IMHO dist (metaconfig,
 Configure, etc) is more flexible than autoconf; I can even write
 Debuan.U packages to make it even more debian-specific, I allows
 (again, IMHO) a better, automated process of creating a Configure
 file than does autoconf.

	manoj

--
 "36 percent of the American Public believes that boiling radioactive
 milk makes it safe to drink." results of a survey by Jon Miller at