Re: new start-stop-daemon

Christian Schwarz writes:

> Marek Michalkiewicz <marekm@i17linuxb.ists.pwr.wroc.pl> rewrote the
> start-stop-daemon program in C. I tested it for some time and it works
> perfect as a drop-in replacement for the old Perl script.

> However, if we should decide to stick to the old script, I'll make some
> changes to it, so that it applies to the standard as well.
>
> Any comments?

There is one thing that this program lacks.  It's the posibility to switch
to another user/group before really starting the daemon.  I have once tried
to include that but I think that I preferred a method different to
start-stop-daemon becaus of too few time.

I would be glad if you could implement such a beast. :-)

Regards,

	Joey

--
Individual Network e.V.                _/            OrgaTech KG i.Gr.
joey@office.individual.net            _/              joey@orgatech.de