Re: LinuxThreads soname

On 30 Jan 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> David - maybe we could use seperate ld.so.conf's and append the
> version number to the filename.  My previous example would then be:
>
> # this is /etc/ld.so.conf
> /lib
> /usr/lib
> /usr/X11R6/lib
>
> # and this is /etc/ld.so.conf_1
> /lib/libc5
> /usr/lib/libc5
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libc5
>
> Everything else is the same.

I'm comming a little late into this, but I think this is backwards b/c of
what David said b/4 that some programs edit ld.so.conf.  We should,
perhaps, keep ld.so.conf for the old, i.e. /lib/libc5, and a new file
that uses a strict format so that it can be upgraded easily.  Such as
including fields that are undefined for future use.

Just my $0.02

Shaya