Re: imagemagick / xv mime types

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997 19:52:34 +0100 Andreas Jellinghaus
(aj@dungeon.inka.de) wrote:

> after each update of xv or imagemagick dpkg wants me to configure the
> mime types again (to configure what programm should be executed on mime
> type image/whatever). maybe someone can find a better solutaion than
> that (i don't like configure script anyway - chowing a default option
> and an option "1", but choosing between option "1" and "2" :
[snip]

I know. I maintain both imagemagick and xv, so you should complain to me :-)
I will modifiy these packages to that the mime types won't be asked again when upgrading.

But I'd also like to see a global file for the mime packages which would list the priorities of the mime-aware packages. This way, install-mime would only ask when installing a new package. Brian ?

Phil.