Re: New source format repackaging: Status. [LONG]

Vincent Renardias wrote:

> List of _known_ orphaned packages (there are probably many more):
>
> libc4                     extra     libs        (orphaned)
> libc4-dev                 extra     devel       (orphaned)
> gopher-client             extra     non-free    (orphan)
> gopherd                   extra     non-free    (orphan)
>
> those 4 are in still in the old package format, but I don't think these
> packages are very usefull anymore, and can be safely dropped unless someone
> really wants to maintain them.

I quite agree.  I was going to suggest that 1.3 be the last release
to have the a.out development tools and libraries included, so we
can not only retire libc4[-dev], but the a.out binutils and gcc as
well.  As maintainer of both those packages, I would like to formally
note that building the a.out compatability stuff is a real pain.

--Galen