Re: Volunteers needed: Work. Lots of Work.

Basically the issues you reported:

1. The issue with /usr/lib/rpmrc not being correct

2. Extract some information from the header to put into the description

Plus:

3. Get the postinst preinst etc scripts to convert to debian. Right now
alien ignores those.

4. Set up a converter so that the differing virtual package names of
Redhat can be satisfied by an equivalent debian package.

Once you got this going and people start using alien more I am sure you
will get many more ideas <G>.

So you are willing to take over alien and rpm now?