Re: Should wg15 be splitted?

Santiago Vila Doncel wrote:

> > I had the feeling that GNU considers the teams on li.org as GNU
> > Teams, but I don't think this is really true. (tell if I'm wrong,
> > please)
>
> Well, they are GNU teams in the sense that GNU "delegates"
> translations on this teams.

I mean, Linux Inernational runs those mailing lists, not FSF.
Their goal is to translate Linux stuff, not only GNU docs (which may be
also non-linux related, for example the hurd docs)

> > Can't we, as Debian, post the requests for translations/upgrade
> > to the lists on li.org as GNU is doing currently?
>
> Not as an official "request", but I think we are free to look for
> "volunteers" in this already-formed teams.

Are you sure of this?
Are these Mailing Lists so strongly "occupied" by FSF that Debian should
not, for example, post requests like those from FSF, telling "the PO
file for dpkg manuals is available at ftp ... None of its 300 messages
has been already translated in your language. If you decide to volunteer
please inform ...

???

Fabrizio
| fpolacco@icenet.fi  fpolacco@debian.org  fpolacco@megabaud.fi |
| fingerprint  70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63  7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger for PGP key: fpolacco@master.debian.org                |