Volunteers needed: Work. Lots of Work.

Here is another list of things needing someone to look after.

Debmake gets more and more to be a time sucking beast. I have the feeling
that some aspects of it do not get the attention and development they
need (and other packages too). I have split off a few packages. Perhaps
some things can be managed better by other people? Some people who took
over some of my packages at my last post seem to be really doing a superb
job!

Packages written by me:

bug		Bug Reporting tool. Was formerly a part of debmake. Needs
		someone with fresh ideas on how to improve things.

alien		Installation of RPM and Slackware packages under Debian.
		Formerly a part of debmake. The one who takes this might
		also want to take the RPM package below. Our school now
		has everything running under Debian since we have a
		working routed now (I tried to use RPMs gated for awhile).
		There is quite a bit that could be done to improve
		installation of foreign packages under Debian.

bridge		Bridging Tools for Kernel 2.0.X.

bridgex		Bridging Tools for Kernel 2.1.X.
		anymore since we are now doing switching/routing instead.

Other packages I would like to have someone look after:

defrag		Needs a major Revision/Fixup of the sourcecode and made
		available for other architectures than i386. This is
		something for an expert.

linux86		The former ELKS package. I dont use it right now.
		Contains lots of interesting 8086 code.

fdos		FreeDOS. There are issues on the fdos mailing list that
		need attention. New release pending.

ibcs		I dont use it since the application we tried to use did not
		work.

rpm		There are issues here needing work. I dont get to track down
		one rather serious bug reported by Joey. Perhaps someone
		else knows more about RPM?

Other stuff not needing work which are available for new maintainers:

adbbs		A BBS in Perl. Needs a better setup of pre-customized files

bonnie		File System Performance testing

boa		Fast WebServer, low resource use

btoa		converts binary files to ascii and vice versa

chos		Boot Loader with a Menu

ncompress	The original compress

hextype		Output a file in hexbytes

genromfs	New Read Only File System.

speak_freely	Tool collection to do voice communication across the Internet.

ncsa		The Classic Webserver
man2html	Views manpages as html. Allow full text search of all
		manpages.

pash 		Norton Commander like tool.

gpc		Gnu Pascal Compiler
newsx		News Exchange (like suck)
upsd		UPS Power Monitor

hwtools		Tools to change SCSI settings. Analyse I/O ports etc etc
autolog		Log out users that are idle.
netdiag		Network diagnostic tool collection
poppassd	Remote password change for Eudora etc.
syslinux	Boot Loader used by Debian Bootdisks
svgatextmode	Higher Res. Text Video Modes.

Please always CC me when replying to posts on mailing lists.