Re: Official Debian Release

On Jan 21, 12:47pm, sacampbe@mercator.math.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
> Have we copyrighted the name `Debian'? We don't want a problem similar
> to what Linux is going through.

It's a trademark, not copyright. No. It takes $200 and some paperwork.
I was trying to get someone to contribute the work of their existing office
staff, but nothing has come of it.

I've never really liked the name "Debian" as it is non-descriptive.
Ean Schussler holds the domain name "FreeOS" and has suggested that we
trademark that.

	Thanks

	Bruce